Adam Thomas and Claudia Patatas

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Dec 19, 2018.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

I've read with interest about this case since I first saw it. They were convicted and sentenced to prison for belonging to a group called National Action. My understanding of this organization is its a neo-Nazi thing. I also remember that one of its members killed one of your governments leaders a while back. Leading to its being banned.

I am ………. amazed (?) …… confused (?) …. about this. One. Are their many political parties/ organizations "banned" over there? If so, are they all right wing extremists? The fact that this group is banned is a little confusing to me. We, over here in the States, have many of these kind of "people". Yes we have an American Nazi Party and many many others of the same ilk. We have KKK groups falling out our behinds. We can attempt to curtail some of their activities i.e. wearing hoods in public, overt violence etc. but its mostly if not completely done on a local level. State and municipal levels. There's no Federal/National laws against these hate mongers. Now MOST of us here do not subscribe to these kind of beliefs or join these kind of groups but we could if we so desired.

What is YOUR thoughts on the National Action being banned? Not if you agree with them but that the fact of belonging to groups of this sort can lead to prison. With no other cause I should add. I mean if they take action on their vile beliefs then prison is a no brainer but does the mere fact of belonging justify prison? Now, I think these two are reprehensible for sure, I mean naming your child after Hitler?!? C'mon. Teaching children to hate and to make Nazi salutes?!? C'mon. But …… membership only in a group being deserving of prison in and of itself? I must admit I have a little trouble wrapping my head around that. Your views?

2. Ted Danson

Ted Danson First Technician

3. BigOleDummy

4. BigOleDummy

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

To bump, or not to bump, that is the question.

6. neilold

neilold Science Officer

My view is they shouldn't be sent to prison.it was for something like 6 years. Ridiculously long considering judges are happy being lenient with rapists, nonces and the like.Calling you child Hitler is mad, but not particularly jail worthy, in my opinion. The whole thing is bizzare, and I think there must be more to it than is being let on.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  7. BigOleDummy

Well, two bumps make a happy sight …...
    [​IMG]

8. BigOleDummy

I pretty much agree with you about this. I mean, Free Speech and all that. Do you all have many other organizations/parties banned over there?

9. neilold

neilold Science Officer

It tends to be the ones on the extreme ends of the political spectrum. Though I have heard of a lot more far right banned than far left. That's not me being biased, Just a fact. I don't think anyone really knows how they get banned, or what criteria it takes to get banned, or who actually does the banning. It's just kinda gets mentioned in the media that they're banned

10. BigOleDummy

That just ……. boggles my mind I must admit. I mean overt threats of violence/terrorism is one thing but just expressing yours views? Even hateful ones. I have very little if any sympathy for these two clowns but they didn't actually "do" anything except subscribe to a hateful ideology. I am for preemptive solutions but I do believe this went a little far. At least from the information I have.

11. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I think they were charged with being members of a terrorist organisation. Though it didn't specify which one

12. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

13. neilold

neilold Science Officer

No, he's called mumfie

Ant E likes this.
  14. Ant E

Ant E Science Officer

:sulk:

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

All mentions of Mumfie should result in an automatic 30 day ban.

Ant E likes this.
  16. Sammer4Rimmer

Sammer4Rimmer Supply Officer

The Maris Piper variety first appeared in the UK in 1966 and was the result of a massive potato breeding program at the Plant Breeding Institute in Cambridge. The key benefit of this variety was its resistance to the Potato Cyst Nematode (Globodera rostochiensis) commonly known as eelworm and it is has retained that resistance throughout its life.

It is the most commonly grown potato variety in the UK because it is a good all rounder and has good storage capabilities which the supermarkets find convenient.

17. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Non worship of mumfie should result in a 30 year ban

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'd still love to burn him on a bonfire. Watching you cry as you see that fictional elephant go up in smoke would make my day.

19. neilold

neilold Science Officer

And that is why you will suffer for eternity in hell, you pagan. I'm urge everyone to immediately and consistently bully bluey

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, come on, people. Bully me for not liking this fictional anthropomorphic elephant.